What happens?

Just out of curiousity......what happens if your water breaks but you dont realize it? Lets say its just enough to make you think that its just an increase in discharge or you've been walking a lot and its hot so you just think its sweat or you were swimming. Is it possible that this could happen and its like a few days before you realize that it has broken? What would happen? I mean it does happen that your water breaks and you dont have contractions and thats why they induce you, so I'm just curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Even if it's just leaking you will know. It will feel like you are peeing your pants but you know that's not what is happening. I know it's a cliche but trust you will know when your water breaks.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Its possible to leak small amounts...GO TO THE DOCTOR ....if ur trying to get induced...they probably wont if its not ur water....they wil swab u......the swab will tell them if its nething except fluid. GL mama......keep hydrated!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 4:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Towards the end of my pregnancy i was having weekly ultrasounds and within a week my fluids went down from an 11 to a 4 and i had no clue the doctors said it was such a slow leak i would have probably written it off as sweat or discharge
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 5:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2011