As Americans, do you ever feel....

Do you ever feel bad about how we became americans? I am talking about how the english stole the land from the Indians and now they are in reservations and so forth. I know they are happy to be alive but sometimes (maybe do to my heritage a bit) I find myself feeling like although I am proud to be american because of the freedom I am a little saddened and feel I shouldn't let it go to my head.

P.S. I had no idea where to put this question

jujubean1979200

Asked by jujubean1979200 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes and no. I don't think it was right, because nowadays those things are not right. However, back then it was acceptable. They didn't see it as a horrible thing like we do today because times have drastically changed. Not to mention, if you think America was bad, do some research on the foundings of some other countries!
    Anonymous

• I just think the whole idea of taking someone's land is wrong period. It doesn't belong to you so stay the hell out you know?
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 4:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I dont think they should have been isolated like they were/are. I dont mind so much about us coming over here but we should have found a way to include them in our society instead of pushing them into areas we said they could be allowed in
    bc19

Answer by bc19 at 4:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well technically in my opinion the English were the real threat and the intruders and should have been treated as such.
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• ^yep.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Its history...at the time it didnt seem wrong, nowadays it would be considered very wrong.

I cant change it, I can just learn and move forward. Worrying about it, mulling it over in my head, feeling guilty over it wont change it so in the end you are just stressing yourself out over unchangeable times and things.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I am not expecting to change from it and at the time it was wrong in other's eyes I am sure. Who knows. Its a stupid question.
    jujubean1979200

Comment by jujubean1979200 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011