Watermellon

I want some watermellon I am 30weeks pregnant....and am DYIN for some....how do u pick the best watermellon Ladies..I know everyone has their own ways to choose whatr urs??

msmamakatie

Asked by msmamakatie at 4:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I look for ones that have a large yellowish spot on the bottom because that means it has sat on the vine longer.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I make my DH pick, that way if it's not good I get to blame him...LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 4:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Large yellow spot means it was left on the vine longer (that's where it sat on the ground) so it will be riper. Also if it feels really heavy for its size, that means its juicy :) That ALWAYS works for me!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i made my babys father pick the ones on my WIC checks
    Silver_Nova2082

Answer by Silver_Nova2082 at 4:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I look for the ones that have a bigger white/yellow spot on the bottom too. Sometimes it's hit or miss. I've had some watermelons that have made me want to eat the whole thing and some are just blah.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I grab one and keep my fingers crossed that it is a good tasting one :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• thanks girls...looks like alot of u all go by the yellow spot (on the vine longer) watermellons.....i am dyin for a real juicy real ready one lol. YYUUMMYYY
    msmamakatie

Comment by msmamakatie (original poster) at 10:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• when i was in my last wks of pregenancy 30-39 wks-i was craving watermelons like crazy. id buy like 1 every 3-4days it was so damn good! lol. luckily it was summer and it was in season. i used a ice cream scooper scooped all the meaty parts out. so it was all ready when i wanted some nxt time. btw-Im allergic to melon-but I ate it anyway!!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 2:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2011