Where's the scripture that says, . . .

that if you want to do the right thing and do it, that is good. And if you don't want to do the right thing yet still do it, that is a good thing too?

I'm sure Paul said it but for the life of me I cannot find it again as I just don't remember enough key words or a turn of phrase.

Please help? Thankyou x

Womamhood

Asked by Womamhood at 4:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• :-) what a wonderful group of here that will help and look up a Bible verse!
    vntNyll

Answer by vntNyll at 1:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I've never read that in the Bible, and I've read it many times. It does sund like a mix up of Romans 7:15-17 (NKJV) which says,

"For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me."
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 4:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I am looking, I remember this but don't know where.
    ShelbysHope76

Answer by ShelbysHope76 at 4:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Romans Chapter 2 might be what your looking for..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 4:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• hmm.i was thinking you've got Romans 7 mixed up a bit.( lemme check chapter 2. )
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think maybe Thessolonians? Still looking at biblegateway.com
    ShelbysHope76

Answer by ShelbysHope76 at 4:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• *sound*
    Lexylex

• Romans 2;14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, 15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them) 16 in the day when God will judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ, according to my gospel.

idk if thats what your looking for..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• The one that came to my mind was the one Lexylex already posted.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 12:15 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Oh thanks guys. It's not the Roman ones. It's something I read a while back, short punchy kind of comment, that I've not heard referred to before. But I've been jumping all over with my Bible reading lately and blow me if I can find this little nugget again. I'll keep searching. Really appreciate everyone's time and help. Happy CafeMomming! x
    Womamhood

Comment by Womamhood (original poster) at 6:57 AM on Jun. 28, 2011