Does anyone have .....

a fish tank? What size? What kind of fish?

Dahis

Asked by Dahis at 4:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pets

• I have 1 50 gallon tank, that is empty right now. I want to fill it, but don't know how long we'll be living in this apartment, so I've been putting it off. In the past, have had a wide variety of fish, and always an placostamus on the bottom. Loved him. He grew so big, he looked prehistoric.
    I would love to have a saltwater tank with seahorses.
    I would love to have a tank of just angel fish. We had some very aggressive angels in the past, not only did they eat the other fish, but they ate each other. Yuck!
    My first tank ever was a 5 gal. I didn't know about crowding, or how many fish you could have. I put in two small angels, five neons, and a snail. They never grew bigger, but were quite healthy for years. Only when I went away for a summer trip, did my mom manage to kill them all. She hated fish. You are supposed to allow 1 inch of fish per gallon of water, as a maximum. So for a 10 gal tank, no more than 10 in of fish
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 9:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• We got our son a small 5 gal tank with neons, tiger fish, pleco (sucker fish) snails...
    KTurner4

Answer by KTurner4 at 4:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I just have a gish bowl in the shape of a large wine glass, maybe 2 gallons. I only have a Beta in it...looks very nice!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I have three, two 10 gallons and one 16 gallon.
    1. 10 gallon has a betta in it (trying to sell this tank)
    2. 16 gallon has guppies, cory dora cat fish and some neon tetras
    3. 10 gallon empty right now but when we move I'll have it full set up so I can breed the guppies.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 6:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2011