Smoking Pot Is Good For Moms

Did any of you mama's get a chance to read this article?

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/122188/smoking_pot_is_good_for?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=fanpage

What are your thoughts on it? I agree with this article :)

geminisummerz

Asked by geminisummerz at 4:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, i have a few friends that smoke it. They come from all walks of life, all very successful people. Some of their kids are grown, some of them have small children. They are all decent parents, don't do it when the kids are around. I had to laugh when i saw this post because they call it "moms lil helper" & swear it keeps them sane. Of course, I also have many friends who would never touch it.

OK, i'm going to read the article right now...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I feel once in awhile it doesn't hurt, however if it is something you HAVE to keep on hand and rely on for an unhealthy coping skill it needs to be looked at as any other addiction.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 4:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Thank you fort posting this. So many "mom-do-gooders" are so ignorant about it. I hope this will help shed some light on moms who occasionally smoke pot

Loved these parts...

"Generally speaking many moms need to lighten up, And maybe lighting up is just the way to get there. If a mom can handle it in moderation and it is not harming her or her relationship with her kids, then what is the problem? Its effects are no worse than wine or beer or tequila. If mommy can drink booze, mommy can toke, too"
    Anonymous

• haha, i think it's a great article. My parents smoked here & there and were wonderful folks, both very successful in life & just great people over all. So, i cannot judge...in fact, no one should be judging a mom because of that (unless she deals it, that's a totally different story...lol)
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree with the point of the article, however, I smoked pot up until I had my son. To this day, I very, very, very rarely ever take a hit. Pot does not calm me down. It makes me nervous, paranoid, and extremely lethargic. Not so good for this momma. Now a glass of wine DOES "take the edge off" for me and I'm just fine with that. PLUS, it's not illegal. That's my biggest problem with pot vs. parenting.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the article 100% and if medical marijuana ever passes in NYS you can bet your ass that I will get it, seems how it does help a LOT with my endo, rather than the prescription drugs they try to give me
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• ...illegal. That's my biggest problem with pot vs. parenting. --

exactly. its general use is illegal. but wth!! the kids will understand that its ok to bend the rules for convenience sake and a little sanity. right???
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

^^^^^^^^^^^This
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 4:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I REALLY believe pot should be legalized; no more police/ drug raids on so many regular people who use it. Then the stuff could be taxed like alcohol and cigarettes and be a good revenue source for distressed government coffers (city, state, and country). Then the plants could be grown here as tobacco is grown on specified beds, also bring in money us all not just criminals
    jcsafc51

Answer by jcsafc51 at 4:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• So true dull but so many do not seem to think about that ..or think at all.The law says it is illegal my opinion is if you want to be a stoner and teach your kids that it is ok to break the law when it suits you..go for it whatever.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011