Should Texas Approve a Confederate Flag License Plate?

9 states already allow it and Texas is set to become the tenth. I'm personally not for it. I see it as being a Anti-American. No bashing, please. Just want to know what you ladies think.

texasgurl33

Asked by texasgurl33 at 4:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I dont see it as anti-american, Its apart of AMERICAN history, so banning it would seem more anti-american.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Could careless..here in TN people can purchase a confederate flag plate at Auto Zone ..TN only requires one lic. plate on back of vehicles so some people choose a decorative plate for the front.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Would there be an option of purchasing it?
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 4:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i don't find it anymore offensive than the various game/fish plates readily accepted and available.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Interesting opinion Dullscissors!!!!!!!! Very good point.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• The more you try to legislate what people can choose the harder they will fight for it. It is a personal choice. All the state cares about is the extra income for the special plates. I personally have the plates with the bluebonnets on it. Som e crazy group is trying to fight for a plate with a rose on.. WHAT? Bluebonnets are the state flower. Confederacy is part of the State history. It is what it is.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Another good point, GrneyedGran, it is all about extra income.
    texasgurl33

Comment by texasgurl33 (original poster) at 4:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Of course babygirl nobody would be forced to have the plate
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I don't like to legislate more than is needed, and legislation on this isn't needed.

Answer by Bmat at 4:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I say yes Texas should and more than likely if they were to pass it here in Texas my husband would get it!! He is pround to have been born and raised in the South
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 4:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2011