I was at work one day and sosmeone asked me what would I have done different in my life if I could do it over again and I replied I would have never had kids . She said that is so wrong. dont think so do you?i

i love my kids but I wish that i would have never had children. is that so bad

laticiafg

Asked by laticiafg at 4:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• She asked the question! You can answer it anyway you want to. Her answer was judgmental! I try to avoid those questions on here because no matter what you type someone will bash you for it. So either refuse to answer them or just lie and say "I wouldnt ever change anything about my life experiences." yeah right!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It sounds bad to me, no matter how crazy my kids drove me, I never had such thoughts, and I would never regret having them, so yes, it sounds bad from this end......

Answer by older at 4:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• There was an Ann Landers survey some 30 years ago, in which a majority of respondents said they wouldn't have kids if they had to do it all over again.

I often say there are a lot of things they don't tell people before they become parents, because if the truth were known the human race would become extinct!

Your feeling is neither bad nor good. It just IS.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• The reason it is bad is that maybe someday someone will mention this to your kids, how would you feel then?

Answer by older at 4:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I do not regret having my kids. I love them but I could have saved them this pain. As a mom I hate to see them hurt but would not trade them for the world
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It sounds like you regret having your kids. I have to say I'd NEVER change that about my life. I'd never even change WHEN I had them, for if I waited for a different time frame, they would be DIFFERENT kids.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think if people wish they didn't have children, maybe they shouldn't have.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• that is not bad at all. I have three girls and going through a divorce and if I had not had my kids they would not be going through this right now. I am sure alot of people feel that way on certain days but love their kids just as much.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I can't imagine not having my boys but I don't know your situation.
    liv4myboys

Answer by liv4myboys at 4:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I don't think feeling that way is wrong but I really hope that you don't express that to your children or anywhere that they can hear you.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 4:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2011