Will you Let your DS, or DD, open a gift on Xmas Eve?

We never Honestly Waited for X-mas To roll by we always opened all of our gifts on xmas eve, and did dinner and family things on christmas, But my friends and other family members got to only open One gift on Xmas Eve,

I am not going to do that with My DD's i will although let them open at least one gift On Xmas Eve,Although Not until their older

But everything else they would have to wait, until christmas,

LexsiesMommy

Asked by LexsiesMommy at 3:44 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Holidays

• We open one gift on Christmas Eve, a gift of your choosing, big or small, doesn't matter.

The rest get opened when we get to the appropriate family member's house (There's my mom and step-dad, his mom and grandma, his dad, my grandparents, and then off to my aunts house)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• We'll wait until Christmas day.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:45 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Well since we go to my in-laws for Christmas eve, he gets to open all those gifts so he doesn't get to open any of the ones we buy until Christmas morning.. Plus, he believes in Santa so the gifts aren't out until the morning. And even when he no longer believes in Santa he will still have to wait.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 3:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• We open a couple on christmas eve and then open the rest on christmas:) I don't know why we do it this way. When I was younger my parents were divorced so we would go to my dads on christmas eve and my moms on christmas day. Maybe thats why I split up the two days????
    Anonymous

• My mom used to pick out one or two gifts she deemed not as special as the others for my brother and me to open on Christmas Eve.

I dunno what we'll do with our daughter. I'm anxiously awaiting her arrival any day now, doesn't look like I'll have a baby by Christmas the way things are going...so ask me next year :oD
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:59 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• one present on x-mas eve.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 5:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• We always opened one gift on Christmas eve...and it was ALWAYS pajamas! With my kids we go to my parents on Christmas eve so they open those gifts. The rest they have to wait for!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yes, I actually recommend this. We put out a couple little presents well before Christmas and the children had the fun of seeing them and wondering. Then Christmas eve they could pick one to open. It spread out the fun.

Answer by Bmat at 9:27 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• We spend Christmas eve at my sil home and dh's family. We open what gifts we might get from them then. But as for what we give our kids, they have to wait till Christmas morning. There is always so much going on with going to family and friends homes and exchanging gifts, there is really no reason to not save our stuff till Christmas.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• my family has always opened allll of them up christmas eve..so thats what we do..lol..i guess it was because when us kids were younger and our grandparents were still around we would always go to our grandma/grandpas house christmas day, so we opened them christmas eve and then the other ones christmas day..but now that theyve passed on, i guess we still just open them christmas eve, cuz thats just what were used to....plus it gives my brother and sis-in-law, and sister and a brother in law a chance to have a christmas with their families xmas day too..but then everyone comes back to our parents house for turkey dinner that day
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:47 AM on Dec. 15, 2008