Is everyone else experiencing weird job prospects these days?

I've had several interviews, even a couple offers, but they're all freaking me out. Let me explain, today I called an office which I had faxed my Resume over the weekend. The first question out of her mouth after acknowledging that they received it was, "Do you need health insurance? Because our last person had a pre-existing illness which was killing us with premiums". WTH? Never heard that one before. Then I went to one interview and was offered the job. I even started that job, but the very first day the employees never stopped talking about their own bad experiences with the company.. even going so far as to show me threatening emails from within. Needless to say, I never went back. This stuff goes on and on. Is it me, or are all jobs becoming like this lately?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• YIKES! Scary stuff is happening out there and I'm about to jump into the fray. I didn't think they could ask about preexisting medical conditions. And threatening emails....oh my goodness I don't blame you for not going back. Good luck with your continued job search.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wow, the first one that is an HR no-no; the second one - I would have ignored negative nelly, she succeeded in eliminating her competition (you!)
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• YIKES! That stinks!! That is why I got out of corporate America and started my own business!!! Best decision I ever made!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 5:49 AM on Jun. 28, 2011