I would know if I hurt an incision, right?

This sounds dumb but I had my first surgery ever, on wednesday. I had my gallbladder removed and I have the steristrips.

I'm not supposed to lift anything over 10 pounds but I have a two year old and today has been full of tantrums and I've lost my nerve a few times and picked her up.

I know I shouldn't have, but I think most of us know how tantrums can be.

I'm a little sore, but no pain and no bleeding or seeping.

I should be fine, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Health

• I would think you should be fine but I'm not a doctor. keep an eye on it and be better about the heavy lifting thing. I know it's a pain but you know why they put this restriction on you so I'm not telling you anything you don't already know. I had a similar issue after my C-section. I had a hard time sitting still and had some close calls where I could've caused a problem.
    mmsfirstone

Answer by mmsfirstone at 4:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• You would know!! Be on the lookout for the signs you described. Check your incision to make sure there are no signs the incision is separating. You are pretty far postop but just keep an eye on it!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011