How many years?

how many years between kids did you wait? pros? cons?

brookemhowell

Asked by brookemhowell at 4:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• My Daughter's going to be two in less than two weeks and I am currently 19 weeks pregnant. (:
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Answer by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 4:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• 2 years between kids.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I waited 10 years between my daughters and my son, but it was non intentional, my daughters are 11 months apart and that was non intentional too!!!! My girls are now full grown and best of friends, they always had a friend to play with and fight with. When my son was born, they had their own little doll to play with, and since they were grown they helped a lot.

Answer by older at 5:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My girls are 3 years apart and I wish I had waited longer. My youngest is now the same age that her sister was when she was conceived and she is still a baby! IMO babies deserve to be babies and children deserve to be kids, rushing kids makes all of them grow up too fast :-(
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 5:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Mine are 2 yrs 4 months, 18 months, 8 years, 20 months. My preference is to have them close together - 2 years or less. It seemed the easiest to me - harder for a few months, but then they play together so well and entertain one another. It's hard having such a big gap between #3 and #4 because they have such different interests, it's hard to find things to do as a family that entertain everyone.

Answer by missanc at 5:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My kids were born in Dec 1999, Aug 2002, and June 2009. My older two boys are 2 1/2 years apart and have been pretty close. There is a big age gap between them and my youngest son, and they are very sweet to their brother. I don't think age gaps matter with how they get along as long as all the kids get attention.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 5:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My oldest and middle are 8 years. The middle and youngest are 2 years. Pro's on 2 years apart they play good together. I don't have any con's
    My3Ez

Answer by My3Ez at 5:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• 15 months.. the only pro is they are close and i hope it stays like that/.. con.. its too hard when your a single parent
    Anonymous

• Already had all mine. The first 3 were closest in age, 22, 19, and almost 18. The second two are 11 and 6. I think 4-5 yrs is best as far as apart in age. Getting pregnant when one is a little over 3 is the best in my experience anyway.

Answer by gemgem at 5:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i always wanted about 5 years apart so when the older one is in kindergarten the baby and i could have some mommy and me time together, but it didnt work out that way for me im still TTC and now my kid is 7 but its all good because whenever i do get pregnant and have a baby my daughter will be old enough to help me out with the baby.
    i know lots of moms who have 2-3 kids less than 2 years apart which i dont think i could give a toddler and a baby the amount of attention they deserve, but everyone is different everyone seems to make it work somehow
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 5:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011