I want to dye my hair blonde but i want to strip it of any color in it with hair peroxide. I dyed it a dark brown before so i want it all out. Would it come out ok if i dyed it natural blonde after stripping it of color and is this stuff safe?

is hair dye remover the same as peroxide? And most of the color has come out anyway i just want to be sure.

emma133

Asked by emma133 at 4:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Your hair will prob end up orange. My SIL is trying to do this and we have stripped it twice and used 3 dif blonde colors...it is very orange and where her roots are it's a platinum blonde color. Go to a salon.
    liv4myboys

Answer by liv4myboys at 5:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• find a reputable colorist.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• FIRST YOU DON'T USE PEROXIDE TO GET THE COLOR CAUSE ALL IT WOULD DO IS DRY UP YOUR HAIR YOU TO CVS OR WALLGREENS AVD THEY SHOULD HAVE COLOR REMOVER THERE CALLED OPPS SOMETHING LIKE THAT SHOULD THE COLOR RIGHT OUT
    mommy247350

Answer by mommy247350 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Thats tricky, it will come out ok if you know what you're doing. Stripping hair is better left to a professional unless you know exactly what you are doing because if not done right it can fry your hair. I would save up my money and go have it done at a salon.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Not all color removers are bleach. You'll have to look at the ingredients. You could use a color remover that will probably turn your hair orangey, then highlight it & tone it until you get the color you want. Going from dark colored hair to blond is not a one step process. It takes a toll on your hair. If you have damaged hair, the process to get blond will have to be done slowly or your hair can peel or break off. I went from black to blond over a month and a half period, but I did it slowly so my hair wouldn't peel. Most likely if you try to do it yourself, you are going to hate it and go to a salon any way. Highlights are a good way to go, because all over one color blond looks really fake and it's hard/expensive to maintain.
    Mrs.B3

Answer by Mrs.B3 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I am dark headed and tried to strip color and go blonde, worked great for like 2 days, then the dark was back for good. Go to a salon, or find a cosmotology school and let the students do it to save some money. Blonde is a high maintance color, kind of like red is.
    ShelbysHope76

Answer by ShelbysHope76 at 5:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't do it myself. I would go in and have someone who went to school for this. Good luck.
    SweetPea726

Answer by SweetPea726 at 8:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• the best thing to do is have a professional strip your hair.. it's gonna fry your hair regardless.. buuut you have less of a chance of it looking horrible if u go to a salon..been there.. and i tried both.. def go with the salon
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 9:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Oh my... what you're talking about is really best left to professionals!
    katiemomNY

Answer by katiemomNY at 11:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I have colored hair, and my natural color is a medium brown shade. I tried going blonde in January. I believe it is Nice and Easy that has an ultimate blonde kit. It did strip my color and it did turn my hair blondish..... BUT it also gave it a reddish/orange tinge and even after using a couple of the kits it still had a bit of tinge to it, and of course with dark hair, you have dark roots to contantly touch up.
    I would suggest that instead of trying to do it yourself - find a good salon colorist. They have much better products (than what is in the stores) and they know what they are doing and how to get the desired shade you would like.
    I really wish I would have went to a salon-- as with what I spent on the do-it-yourself kits it about equaled what the salon would have charged, and the salon would have had much better results.
    Needless to say I did not keep the blonde very long.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 10:20 AM on Jun. 28, 2011