Are three children very different from two?

I have a 4yr old boy and a 9 month old girl and I think I might be pregnant it would be unexpected and so I'm trying to mentally prepare myself in case its positive two is easy for me it seems like there's a balance I'm worried 3 will be a lot harder how was it for you?

Kre10

Asked by Kre10 at 5:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• Going from 2-3 was alot easier for me then goinf from 1-2. I thnk you will be ok.

Answer by gemgem at 5:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• There's definitely an adjustment period, but you work out a system and things start to fall into place. I have a 3 y/o, 2 y/o and 1 y/o and I manage, lol. In fact, #4 is due in Feb. 2012 so it won't be TOO long before I'll have a 4 y/o, 3 y/o, 2 y/o and a newborn!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• There is always more to do with an extra one, but nothing you can't handle.

Answer by older at 5:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• You now have more kids than you have hands. I found it very difficult in the beginning, especially with two close together (my 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart). But it gets much easier!

Answer by missanc at 5:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I find now, they fight a lot. It's constantly 2 against one in everything they do. Two will be getting along great, then #3 comes and joins in and then there are problems. As babies it was fine.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I have 3 kids and I would say yes there is a big difference in having 3 kids rather than just 2. However, my kids are pretty spaced out (13 - 7 & 3).
    Good luck and just remember, you CAN make it work for you !
    OctMommyof3

Answer by OctMommyof3 at 6:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• you will get through it..lol for me from 1 to 2 no big deal now from 2-3 STRESSFUL and plenty but i love it
    good luck to you
    VDietrich

Answer by VDietrich at 8:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i dont know i dont have 3 kids yes 2 are difficult lol i love my kids
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 7:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2011