...and my husband complains that i am nosey !

( i am not the nosey kind that will straight out butt into your buisness.. but the kind that if i want to know something i will find it out ) ...

My husband likes to bug me about it but now he can stop complaining because I have saved us a bundle of money plus alot of problems...

We were in the process of buying this house from a couple who were selling it ( for sale by owner) ... we reallu liked it and when the inspection came out good we were happy... but then I decided to do some snooping just to see if I could find anything else about the house before we bought it...

I had found out that there has been 2 children ( of two different owners) who died in that house... which just bothers me alot... but still it is an older house and we expect alot of history, but I know that would just bug me worrying about it... my husband called me silly saying it is too good of a house to pass up just on that history.

Ok so i did some more digging and found the woman's facebook where she openly talks about the house in several posts.... I found out that not only are the walls infested with rats, but there is also a mold problem and the plumbing is all out of whack... but the big thing that proved how bad of a deal we were getting was the the inspecter who failed to mention any of that is her UNCLE ... which I figured out because she made a post that said " surprise, surprise, the house passed the inspection, almost time for those papers to be signed!" .. and then the inspector/ her uncle "liked" it.

Also because of my snooping i have found out that 2 of our neighbors are sex offenders, because of my snooping I found out when our house that we live in now was going to be available for rent ( meaning we came first , so we got it) , and even my husbands job -- I found out the guy who had it before him was going to quit, made my husband go hand in his resume and 2 weeks later he gets the job...

So I am giving myself a pat on the back and hopefully my husband realizes all snooping, is not bad snooping !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Good for you! Im a snoop too.

Answer by gemgem at 5:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well I say good catch on the house. Glad you figured that out & didnt end up buying a bad house bc the sellers were being shady.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 5:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wow about the house, you have to do it because they sure weren't going to tell you. I try to keep to myself, sometimes it's hard, but I do try.
    ShelbysHope76

Answer by ShelbysHope76 at 5:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i would say get someone else to inspect the place!! i dont trust people. a lot of people are money hungry!! just watch out for that.
    Anonymous

• well we are just moving onto another house... i could live with spending money on the plumbing and even the mold...but I just cant get over the walls filled with rats and the dead children ( i believe in ghosts lol )
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• wwhhhoohhoo good save!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 5:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• high five

good job.. cuz i would've done it too lol..

girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 5:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• im a snoop too!!!!!!!!!
    april666

Answer by april666 at 5:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Good job! You should become a private investigator or something of the sort. You saved your family a whole lot of problems
    Anonymous