The vet finally called to let us know what happened to our dog.

Well, the first the test came back negative from parvo. We just got the call, and after a week of letting it fester (the dead tissue from him) and it came back positive with parvo. THANK YOU for NOT calling sooner and telling us we were FINE to get another dog! So, now we need to bleach, going to give Molly a 2nd booster around the 15th of July, and we're going to be monitoring her attitude, movement and overall health. Wish our new pup luck please.

kbishop8688

Asked by kbishop8688 at 5:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pets

• Praying all goes well with Molly! I had a St.Bernard that had an immune disorder, thayt caught parvo, she fought it for a week, very sick, before dieing, it's a terrible disease!!
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Honestly, I would have bleached anyway because I don't trust the parvo tests. I seen them be wrong many times. As a Puppy Molly should be getting the vaccine for parvo in several rounds regardless. I am sorry that you have to deal with this though and Hope that Molly does not get it.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• that really sucks---good luck!!!
    april666

Answer by april666 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I wish you luck. We had a dog who caught it even after having the vaccines and he did survive, but racked up a pretty hefty vet bill. I wish your new puppy luck and I am sorry for your loss.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wishing you Lots of Luck with Molly!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Congrats on Molly!
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 12:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Made the vet appointment, next sat, 9th at 9:30 am, just need to find a ride there is all. She's going to get another parvo shot, her 2nd in a month, other than that we shall see. I noticed a little blood today, but she IS in heat, so i'm not sure, we shall see tomorrow how she fairs. They DID say to call and they could get her in earlier if that was the problem.
    kbishop8688

Comment by kbishop8688 (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Jun. 28, 2011