Pregnant with IUD in?

Does anyone know of someone that got pregnant when they had an IUD put in for birth control?

butterfly7909

Asked by butterfly7909 at 5:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i know a lady that had 2 sets of twins with an IUD...
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Oh god lol.I have had one in for almost a year. My baby is 11 months old and I had it put in at my 6 week checkup after having her. The one I have is suppose to last 5 years and they said in some people thier period actually stops. I have been having mine every month and then all of a sudden they just stopped two months ago. I sometimes feel weird in the belly but I don't know if it is just me thinking about it to much of what. I have been afraid to take a test because we didn't plan on having anymore kids but if I keep feeling like this I think I am going to ask my Dr about it Wednesday when I take my oldest son in for his checkup.
    butterfly7909

Comment by butterfly7909 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Its possible to get pregnant on any bc.. if you think you may be you need to see a dr asap. having that in while pregnant may hurt you and the baby. it will cause a miscarriage..

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It is definitely possible to get pregnant with an IUD in, though very unlikely if the IUD is in place and properly cared for. I got pregnant with an IUD that dislodged (and I didn't realize it).
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I don't know if I am or not. I just keep getting these weird crampy feelings like I am going to start my period but I have not had it in two months.I have not had mine checked since it was put in so I think first thing tomorrow morning I am going to make and appointment to have it checked.
    butterfly7909

Comment by butterfly7909 (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes I got pregnant while i had the copper IUD. It is a 10 year one and you are not supposed to miss a period at all.
    elloveemykids

Answer by elloveemykids at 7:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i am feeling the same thing and i have an iud too and going to the doctor is too expensive
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 8:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• You need to be checked. It can cause a miscarriage and there have also been babies born with the IUD stuck in them. This is a very dangerous form of birth control.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I am making an appointment first thing in the morning to get mine checked
    butterfly7909

Comment by butterfly7909 (original poster) at 8:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Hello ladies. Ive had my iud for a yr. No periods at all. Only time I bled was the day after sex (odd I knw) but I was told NORMAL. So anyway I had been feeling pregnant for the past 3 months including weight gaim that I blamed on iud. So 2wks before mothers day I decided to take a pg test. Neg. So I thought it was just side effects of iud. Well...night b4 mothers day we had sex. Mothers day (sun) I started to bleed and I thought it was weird because like I said the whole yr nothing only when wed have sex. Well I bled the whole week. Couldnt buttom my pants without my waist hurtimg. Following sunday my iud falls out...of course I freak out because the whole week im bleedimg and passing blood clots. I see my dr the next day. He says NORMAL. And all my symptoms of feeling pg NORMAL. SO HERE I AM A WHOLE MONTH LATER AND GUESS WAT? Im pregnant! After I told my dr I felt movement he said it was gas!!!! That was last month
    priscilla2boys

Answer by priscilla2boys at 12:59 AM on Jun. 28, 2011