Anyone have a successful short sale purchase?

if so, how long did yours take from offer to finish? were there any speed bumps with it? Did they accept your offer?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 5:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• the term short sell is a lie but we flip houses so we do a lot of short sales! sure it takes A LOT of time but its worth it in the end for us! if u want to move fast look for a foreclosure! my hubby is a real estate agent and he specialized in short sales so if u have any questions PM me!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• oh my lord, I hate to tell you this, because my experience was not successful, but when I was attempting a short sale purchase, I was dinked around for over 4 months while the bank made their decision. Come to find out, our offer was only 2k or 3k less than what was owed on the house, so god only knows why they didn't jump at approving the sale so they didn't have to mess with foreclosure and attempting to sell the house themselves, but we eventually did not renew our offer and are now looking elsewhere. If you have time, you can save some money, but if you are in a hurry to move, I would be leery.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011