WTF is going on with this country?

We have the 17 month old beaten to death (not that it is an isolated incident)

The headlines on Drudge are constantly filled with teen flash mobs and other violence related to mob behavior the last few months.

Here is just today's.

VIDEO: Massive brawl at DC's Caribbean Festival...

Woman's leg broken, others hurt in Philly mob attack...

Suburb Under 'State Of Emergency' After Gun Violence...

The teen flash mobs are just getting beyond belief.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/18/top-five-most-brazen-flash-mob-robberies/

http://www.google.com/search?q=teen+flash+mobs&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.yahoo:en-US:official&client=firefox

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 6:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• its spiraling into an uncontrolled sad painful and torturous way of life for future generations... doesnt that just make you feel so warm and fuzzy inside..

yes that statement its packed with sarcasm people... it is my native language...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 6:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Something that happened in my area....A couple delivered their baby in their car. The mom knew that her boyfriend was planning on killing the baby but handed her over anyway. He took the baby out into the woods and killed it by dropping a cinder block on her head twice. His reason? They couldn't afford it.

Another story....A 4 year old German Shepherd had an accident on the carpet, her owner shoots her in the neck and puts her in her crate to die. The neighbors heard the gunshot, then heard the dog crying. The cops responded, took the dog to the vet where she had to be put down.

AWFUL!! What IS going on??
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• We are dealing with a generation of personal responsibility lacking, non- accountability having children and young adults. Where dysfunctional people breed dysfunctional offspring.... Where a society believes in coddling over punishing. Where everyone gets a trophy and eventually snap when they realize they are NOT all that and a bag of chips.... It's time to punish parents who don't parent and hold them accountable. It's time to stop coddling an entitles generation who believes they can beat, steal, and hurt to get their way....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I've given my opinion on what is wrong before ~ and been told I'm an intolerant, gun happy jerk.

So, imo it's all good. Life is good. The lifestyles of the gangstas is good. Taking a walk or going shopping/out to eat anywhere is all good. Pets are spoiled rotten and living the good life. Anyone who says otherwise is just plain mean or has no sympathy for the ones who grew up poor, who live with only one parent (who can't put the crack pipe down or is busy making meth), or whatever the excuse is this week.

Around my part of the country, the vigilante talk is ramping up, and it isn't being whispered about in dark corners. There are people screaming it at the chief of police in the capitol city.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe things aren't so good. Maybe it's time to stop patting criminals on the head in favor of kicking them in the arse and putting them out on a work farm somewhere with Bubba cracking a whip.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• grygrlz- It's time to punish parents who don't parent and hold them accountable

That would be nice, but you can't parent without getting punished, it seems...
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Grlygrlz2 stole the words from my mouth. I think it's also about lack of consequences. Everybody has learned to point the finger at someone else, and more than often walks away learning nothing but "hey! I got away with it." We're growing more and more into a sociopathic society who crave attention and praise, and will go to great lengths to acheive that, even if it's the "poor me" card.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 6:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• That would be nice, but you can't parent without getting punished, it seems...

And there you go~ You bring about an interesting point... Example: There are a group of people on here (CM) who believe the foodstamp frauding druggie should be protected and allowed to keep her entitlements, while the mother who spanks a child on the butt when they dart out in traffic is scorned.....  

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Teen flash mob? Choreographed dancing? Wow, that sucks. I've actually witnessed one in S.F. (the non-brazen robbery kind)... would hate to think they get banned because of some idiots that took advantage of them.

There are way too many parents not teaching their children accountability or common sense. Many are raising a generation of "no good'ers"... The do good'ers make the papers but in small print in the back of the paper, and no one hears about it. We focus on the negative, in the news and in CM. It's rare to read a "do good" story, even though they are there.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 6:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• he do good'ers make the papers but in small print in the back of the paper, and no one hears about it. We focus on the negative, in the news and in CM. It's rare to read a "do good" story, even though they are there.

THIS^- it's always easy to spot bad behavior and for whatever reason many are entertained by such.

Congrats ladies, you know that you're old(er) when you preface your comments with "this generation" or "we are raising a generation...."

EVERY generation has made these types of comments about those who follow them. My parents have lived in the same house for over 50 years and my father has lived within the same 2 mile radius his entire life (even bought his plot in this same area). I'm sure he thinks my nomadic life style is over.the.top-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• EVERY generation has made these types of comments about those who follow them. My parents have lived in the same house for over 50 years and my father has lived within the same 2 mile radius his entire life (even bought his plot in this same area). I'm sure he thinks my nomadic life style is over.the.top-

Your nomadic lifestyle is a far cry from what we are seeing occur today.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011