What could be making the inside of my fridge sweat? should I be worried or just a summer thing since hot outside?

I just noticed when open my fridge things have moisture on the bottles,etc. It is just cause cold in the fridge and then outside and when you open it during the day and evening it does it or should I be worried? Does yours do this?

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 6:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Sometimes the doors won't close right and this might be the cause, make sure nothing is blocking the doors to close right.

Answer by older at 6:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• If you live in an area where the humidity is high, that could be the cause. Also, if it is an automatic defrosting model, that could be part of the problem. If food is keeping well, it probably has to do with the humidity levels in your home. Make sure the door is closing all the way. If it's catching on something, it could be keeping it from sealing all the way tight, and that will cause the extra moisture. I have to watch that one with the grandchildren all the time.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:59 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• That is an indicator that the fridge temp has become warmer than the temp of the food. In other words, that your fridge isn't cooling properly. I live in a very, very warm, humid climate (coastal SC), it is definitely not normal to have beads of condensation on food that is properly cooled, regardless of the relative humidity.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:10 PM on Jun. 27, 2011