Gardening..seriously?'#%

I just spent about 3 minutes "gardening" ie: pulling weeds.. In that time I got a sliver and started getting dirty and sweaty and hot! Who the hell are you people who enjoy gardening and in the name of all that is pleasant and good WHY!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I am with you!! I hate outside and the heat. My dh and kids keep my plants watered. My mom could stay outside all day and night. I just don't get it!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 7:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wear gloves, get a sprinkler with a "mist" setting, and on really hot days, water for 30 minutes before you start weeding, and keep the misting sprinkler on while you weed. It makes it SOOO much better.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Its easier if you do it early in the morning or after the sun goes down and it isnt as hot.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I enjoy it because it's one with nature and you see the end results of your hard labor. The key is to do it the early morning or late toward the evening when the sun isn't blazing.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Gloves help! Yes, we get dirty and sweaty and hot, and that's part of it. I listen to music sometimes, or I will have my son out there helping me. I don't get to do it much, but some of us do enjoy it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree with you! hubby is one of those weird people who actually enjoys all that.

Answer by older at 7:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I dislike gardening intensely precisely for the reasons you stated.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 7:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I don't mind getting sweaty and hot, it's a good excuse to have a bowl of ice cream!!!! As for the splinters/slivers/ahthaveyou, I wear gloves,. That and because I live in an apartment most of my "gardening" is done in pots
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I love gardening, actually. I have no problem getting dirty, sweaty, and hot- you should have seen me on Saturday trying to bathe my horse- I was covered head to toe in dirt, sweating worse than the horse, and it was about 97 degrees! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Gloves and I love the end result, but hate the work that takes to get there.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011