Did anyone else's depression/anxiety disappear during pregnancy?

When I found out that I was pregnant I immediately came off of my effexor xr. I was really worried because my anxiety before I began taking the meds was rough. But I was pleasantly surprised when I had no symptoms for my entire pregnancy. I was even more surprised when I didn't have any postpartum depression. I felt like a new person! I have never been symptom free without medication!
This new life only lasted for three months, though. A month ago my symptoms came back. Instead of being this put together happy new mother, I became this frazzled and frustrated mother. My anxiety is back in full force.
I wonder if there is a way to get back to being anxiety free without going back on medication. I am on the fence with all the info out there about whether effexor is safe for nursing infants.
Is there anyone out there with the same experience?

metatay

Asked by metatay at 7:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Health

• Nope. Mine got worse. had to pray a lot about it but I did not take any medication because i didnt want my child to be affected by it
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 7:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Mine got better each pregnancy. I think the hormone change in me from the pregnancy was good for my tiny little brain. LOL. I for one did NOT take meds while I was breastfeeding. I was afraid of what it would do to the baby. It was VERY tough but I got through it somehow. Once I stopped nursing I started back on my meds. I had to. Good luck.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 27, 2011