Did your belly button turn a brown color when you got pregnant? and stay that way after you had the baby? My belly button looks like it will forever have a brown tint to it!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• it didn't happen to me, but my sister still has a slight brown line down her belly and her son is almost 12. i think my skin is just too fair. if anything i turn pink, but not brown lol
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 4:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yeah. When your in the shower take a wet soapy wash cloth and scrub. It turned out to be dead skin on me. Ew!
    Anonymous

• Thanks anon =) I will try that.
    Anonymous

• use peroxide and a qtip it will clean it and you wont have the brown stuff anymore
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• yes!!! My daughter is 5 months old and my belly button still has some brown to it. I found that using the stretch mark creme on it made it fade a bit.. try that!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i still got the brown line on my tummy its barely noticeable but not my belly button i just have a small scar there from where they tied my tubes, but the line got darker after every pregnancy. and thanks kristal2146 ill have to try that too
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 4:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Mine is a brown tint where I had my bellybutton pierced.
    CourtneyAnn8690

Answer by CourtneyAnn8690 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Yup, I got a slight brown line all the way from my pubes up to my ribs. But my bellybutton and the entire surrounding area is kinda darkish brown...Grr! It's so gross, but I'm still 9 months pregnant, so idk if it'll go away or not...I'm gonna try scrubbing it like they said! I've been using stretch mark lotion, but it doesn't help my bellybutton any though.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:11 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I forgot to add.. the lotion only helped AFTER having the baby.. the line is caused by pregnancy hormones so you won't be able to get rid of it while still pregnant. If you really massage the lotion into the area (like for 5 min or so) it works better than if you just put lotion on it. I found the belly button was a lot drier than usual after I had the baby.. so the lotion worked for dual purposes!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 9:15 AM on Dec. 15, 2008