My hubby stays out

And hardly helps with the baby. He thinks that making a bottle every once in a while is helping. He goes out all night and doesn't come back sometimes until the next day. I told him Im sick of it...What do I do?

Hezekiahs_mom

Asked by Hezekiahs_mom at 7:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• It took two to make that baby and he should be there. His behavior tells me he is not committed to you as much as you to him, and that includes the baby. He needs to grow up. No married man should be out all night. It is disrespectful and trouble can only brew. You have to talk to him, but if my husband did this we probably would not be married today. I would not put up with it. Try to put your foot down, talk, but you have to have a partner who understands his priorities. Where does he say he is? What does he claim to be doing?
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Talk to him. Tell him the two of you need to agree how the parenting responsibilities will be split, what is an acceptable time for either of you to stay out with friends & how often each of you should get time out alone. Then hold him to his agreements.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Put your foot down girly! I bet you're a sahm and he works right? for some reason men feel as though if they bring home the money that exempts them from having to be respectful to their spouse. they feel as though they have the right to go and do as they please because they bring home the money. one night when hes home get all dolled up, hand him the baby, and go enjoy yourself. TURN OFF YOUR CELL!! let him see what you go through. sometimes a taste of their own medicine is all they need to see your point.
    priscilla423

Answer by priscilla423 at 7:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Don't nag or be witchy (which is NOT easy to do when a man isn't stepping up to the plate).
    Live life to the fullest, smile, be assertive and loving, caring amd he will want to be around you more and more.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:03 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Every relationship should have boundaries and each party should know what to expect from the other. During some quiet time it might be best to ask him what he expects from you as a wife so you can tell him what you expect of him as a husband. Maybe he thinks husbands are supposed to stay out all night. Tell him that you feel alone and abandoned (or however you feel) when he does that to you and ask him if he even wants to be married. If so, ask him what that means to him. (define "married") If not then ask him to pack and you'll file for child support asap.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:43 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• Honey~Im sory to say this but if he stays out all night then I think he is getting some pussy somewhere else. I really think he might be cheating on you. You need to get rid of him.
    Anonymous

• girl let him have it!
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 12:37 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• My hubby used to stay out all night too - I found out later that he was tweeking.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 AM on Jul. 13, 2008