how many of you think....?

How many of u think being a single mom scares off men? im only 20 with 2 kids a lot of men run when they find out i have 2 kids. If they dont run bc i have kids they run bc my kids r bi-racial.. I dont understand why any of that would make a man run. im not askin them to take care of my kids and they dont even give them a chance. i just dont get it

chrstny88

Asked by chrstny88 at 4:21 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• I think it does.
    Anonymous

• Entirely depends on the man. I have dated some that don't care that I'm a single mom, some that do - the ones that do care can hit the bricks. They're not worth my time or energy.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• If you're 20 and looking for guys in your age range, then ya they probably will get scared off. Most don't want to play daddy to kids that aren't their. But I think some guys mellow out as they grow, so maybe you could look for older men, 35 - 50 range?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I have 2 bi-racial sons and I was lucky enough to not encounter any of the ones that were scared away by single parenthood when I was raising my oldest son on my own and I eventually met my husband who now looks at him as if he is his own...not that I ever asked or expected him to do so.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 4:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I know alot of guys that think single indipendent Mothers are sexy....
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 4:31 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• The men that run are not the guys you want around your kids anyway.
    Just keep on looking. The right guy is out their for you and your kids.

Answer by louise2 at 4:32 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• lol 35-50?? no thanks i dont like men around my dads age.. i date guys 20-30
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 4:39 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I dont think i'd be too interested in finding a man. at your age, yes men dont want to be daddy right away. it may take awhile, but you might find someone late 20s to late 30s who's willing. it may be so long as when you are in 30s, but if its the right one, it will have been worth the wait.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• depends on the guy. when i was single for a short time i had 2 guys willing to take care of me and my babies, they are both about 25.
    You jsut have to find the right guy, if he frequents bars and goes out alot, it's not the right guy.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 5:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• guys our age dont really want to settle down and have a family. my hubby is 28 and when we found out we were having our son he was more excited then i was!! ignore those jerks and find a guy that will love your kids.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 5:37 PM on Dec. 14, 2008