Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do you find a play therapist that will work with a 4 year old?

I'm trying to find a therapist that can work with my son who is 4.5 years old. So far I've contacted quite a few, and have not found anything. I had requested a referral from my son's former pediatrician and never got an answer. I'm wondering if anyone knows of a resource for searching for child therapists or if anyone knows of a skilled play therapist in the New York City/NJ area. I'm sure that I'll find someone, I'm just trying to narrow things down sooner rather than later.


Asked by Gruntlings at 7:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 5 (83 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Go to This is the website of the Association for Play Therapy in New York City. I'm sure they can help you. I used to do play therapy with 4 yr olds when I had my practice, so I know there are people out there who do it and can do it well.

    Answer by GrammytoTrin at 7:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

  • Awesome link, thank you so much!

    Comment by Gruntlings (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2011