First ultrasound?

So I have my first ultrasound Thursday. I'm going to find out how far along I am and when my due date is and such. I'm pretty sure I'm about 9 weeks. I'm super excited but nervous. I keep thinking things like what if there is something wrong? Or what if they tell me there is no baby in there? I feel like such a nut. I'm just really anxious about the whole thing. I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it because everyone thinks I'm crazy. This is my first baby and I'm just really worried. Is this normal? What was your first ultrasound like? And what were your feelings about it?

Megan1213

Asked by Megan1213 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• its totally normal dont stress too much this is super exciting seing your baby for the first time!!!!!!!!!!!
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My very first ultrasound I was expecting what you see on tv I didnt know it was a vaginal ultrasound. They said the baby is too small to see the other way in the begining. It was amazing though to see my son for the first time. It is definitely something you will never forget.
    price85

Answer by price85 at 7:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My very first ultrsaound was kinda depressing but thats because I was miscarrying. But my first ultrasound with my daughter was awesome. I was so relieved to see that there was a baby there and there was a heart beat and she was doing good. It really is some thing that you'll never forget. Its the very first time you get to see your baby even though they dont look much like a baby lol. I think my biggest worry beside being told there was no baby, was that there were 2 babies in there lol. Dont worry, I am sure everything will be fine. Also you'll probably find yourself worrying about a lot more as your pregnancy progresses :) we all do
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 9:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Completely normal. I've done it with all 3 pregnancies, especially this one as we've had 2 m/c's back to back so I was extremely nervous about an u/s! After seeing the baby, you'll be fine. Unless you're like me and WORRY about everything! LOL
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My feelings are that it's safest to avoid unnecessary interventions ( = unnecessary risks) as much as possible.
    So I don't do any ultrasounds with my pregnancies. I prefer the Fetoscope to the Doppler as well.

If you are nervous about anything then appreciate that there is a Reason.
    You are designed to be concerned, but don't ignore intuition.
    Use this as motivation to learn, ask questions, research, make Informed Consent.

It is normal to be nervous~ but do something with it!
    If you'd like help just let us know.

Good luck and congratulations!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:27 AM on Jun. 28, 2011