How can i tell my roommate not to tell my daughter what to do when im trying to discipline her.

I live in a house where there are 3 single mothers. One mother has 3 children, 5,7,11. Another has a 3 year old, and my daughter is 16 months. The problem is that the mother of the three year old always feels the need to tell my child what to do when i am telling her to do something. The three year is the baddest child of course. He doesn't listen so whatsoever. And all she does is beat him. I am the youngest mother but my daughter is also very obedient. She listen very well and when she has done something wrong i explain to her why its wrong but the three yr old's mother feels the need to jump in and scream at my child as she does hers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• STOP her!! THE ROOMMATE Stand up to her--it is up to you to protect your child and being screamed at won't help your baby and I'm sure she hates it. Just as if you were living around an abusive man, it is your job to protect her from people who want to hurt her.
    GrammytoTrin

Answer by GrammytoTrin at 7:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would kindly tell her that you will handle the disciplining of your own child. She can worry about her kids.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I wold be blunt and honest with her... I am the mommy and I will discipline my own child. Back off MY child ma'am!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'd just say Excuse me but this is my child. I'll take care of this. I'd also tell her that I don't appreciate her screaming at my child. I'd also begin looking elsewhere to live. That's not a healthy environment for your child.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Wait until next time she does it and just say politely but firmly "I will handle this _______(insert name)" you have to put your foot down if you intend to stay in this living environment.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011