Can you feel the "mommy meltdown" coming on??

I have a teething 1 year old crying uncontrollably. Another one who is throwing up with every breath, my daughter gone away to camp(miss her terribly and praying she doesn't have a heat stroke in this weather), another child yelling from his bedroom "Make him stop crying!", a house in much need of TLC. A mound of laundry taunting me from the laundry room!!! 3 scheduled dr's appointments for the week in 2 different places and in the morning I might be making another appt if my lil still is sick to his stomach tomorrow... I wish my husband were here so I could go take a long hot shower and regroup!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• just breathe. and scream into a pillow.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• breathe and take a few moments to relax and pull yourself together. We all have days like this. (((((HUGS)))))
    Ashoonik

Answer by Ashoonik at 8:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Why does everyone say "scream" and "screaming" at CM?
    I know its tough---I had three kids within 3 and 3/4 years and I was mostly on my own since my DH was in the Air Force and went flying off to training all the time. Its tough.
    But my kids cried alot but they didn't scream. ANd I sighed and cried a little at night after they went to bed. No meltdowns tho. It never helps. Makes things worse.
    Find ways to relax and be cool and calm and your kids will be cool and calm too. They mimic Mommy. Trust me.
    Good luck.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 8:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think all mommies have those days. It won't hurt if you have to take a short breather, Momma. Like beckie said- scream into a pillow if it helps you! I do deep breathing exercises, and that seems to help me the most.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• sounds like its time to send a kid or 2 to a relative if they are able to get a kid....or call in friends or family to help out at home. Good luck!!!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 9:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well minnesotanice thank you for your mommy of the year comment. I''m sure you are wonderful at it and never stressed out. First I would like to say it was a metaphor. I am completely cool and calm on the outside, just a little frusterated with the days' events. My kids have no idea I am aggrivated and just simply exhausted.
    To the other non judgemental responses- Thank you! Hubby came home and gave me a little while to myself so I could regroup and refreshingly tackle the rest of my mommy duties for the night... =)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I didn't ever scream. I had four children, and I homeschooled them. There were days when I envied the other mommies who could put their kids on a bus for six hours a day! I had my own Mount NEver-Rest of laundry, and my pet peeve - the mismatched socks. I even wrote a story about that.
    My favorite thing to do when it got to be too much: Put the youngest in a playpen (if you have one that small). Send the others to their beds to read a book, and they were forbidden to get off their bed until I said so. Then I locked myself in the bathroom, lit some candles,a nd took a bubble bath. Sometimes I played soft music, sometimes I read a frilly romance. I didn't neglect my kids, I was protecting my sanity. They grew up with happy memories of their childhood, and I didn't have to kill any of them. Find your happy place... we all need one. I'm glad your DH came home when he did.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 11:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011