Father not willing to compromise

So my son starts kindergarten this fall, but he also has to attend summer school this summer. His summer school is mon-fri 8am to 11am. My sons father is refusing to change his visitation to weekends or to change the time during the day he has him, and he also refuses to pick or drop off our son at his summer school so he is not willing to compromise on this situation, so I really don't know how to handle it. His visitation time is 9am-5pm, but he refuses to pick son up at summer school.

Also in Sept my son will start full time kindergarten Monday-Friday 8:20am to 2:20pm. Father also refuses to drop him off for kindergarten or pick him up as well so I really don't know how to handle situation, please help with suggestions?

twistedtmama

Asked by twistedtmama at 7:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Contact your lawyer or whatever agency put into place his visitation hours.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 7:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Agree with first poster.

Answer by older at 7:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• What a POS contact your lawyer they will probably b able to fix it for you
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I agree, contact a lawyer. Your son is school age now, things are going to have to change. I don't know where he gets off thinking he can just refuse to drop his child off at school or pick him up, that's not how things work in the real world. Are there school busses?
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• If his visitation is from 9-5, he is legally responsible for any transportation needed. If he's not willing to, then that is hindering a child's learning and will not go down well with a judge. I would talk to a lawyer and see what needs to be done. I'm sure the courts would be willing to grant you main custody on those grounds.... which means POS dad wouldn't have a choice.
    IrishMomma727

Answer by IrishMomma727 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yep- you're going to have to get this worked out with a lawyer, because it sounds like he's pretty set on what he is and is not going to do. It really sounds like this guy needs a good kick in the pants and to grow up quite a bit. Sorry you're having to go through this :(
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:15 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• What an ASS. How does he not get that things have to change a bit when school is involved? Selfish POS! Sorry you have to deal with that. I would call the courthouse and discuss it with your worker to see what can be done. It is standard for visitation to have to come second to the child's education.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• well since your son is in school now this visitations do change by state law too bad if dad doesnt want to do it ..it will change its usually everyother weekend and one day through the week after scool and hme b4 8pm ...at least it is in the state of IN and if his dad is refuseing and its interfreing with his education just take him to court and have it settled that way..he sounds like hes being an ass my suggestion and personal experince is court is the best option in thses situations..good luck
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes there are school busses but he lives in another state he comes to his sisters which is 10 minutes from my house, but the bus would have to drop him off at my house. It stinks that I always give him his own way but he cannot compromise with me when I try to change one thing.
    twistedtmama

Comment by twistedtmama (original poster) at 6:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2011