Has any moms had their doctors place a restriction on them while they were pregnant that made someone in their lives angry?

There have been three for me

1. No changing cat litter DH was upset he had to do it but has since gotten used to it with both pregnancies
2. With my last pregnancy my doctors told me not to travel late in my pregnancy and with this one they have told me to cut back on long trips and to stick with day trips MIL is still steaming because now she can't snap her fingers and get DH and DD over to her home for days on end (me going is an after thought to her)
3 with both pregnancies we were in the process of moving and was told not to lift and haul boxes.....my MIL informed me that i needed to stop getting pregnant when we have to move it's inconsiderate to my husband to which i told her we should stop moving when i am pregnant

So anyone else have family members get mad or think your doctors are over reacting with restrictions and rules for pregnancy

krissii

Asked by krissii at 8:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 1. No changing cat litter DH was upset he had to do it but has since gotten used to it with both pregnancies

Same here but he told me after the first time that I could either do it myself, find someone to do it or get rid of the cat.
    He never would do anything that didn't have some benefit for himself.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I only had the normal restrictions (no heavy lifting, stay away from cleaning chemicals, etc.), but they definitely frustrated my husband. He never said he was mad about the restrictions SPECIFICALLY, but he would get aggravated and start ranting and raving when stuff around the house wasn't getting done because I couldn't do it and he WOULDN'T do it. It's really hard (I caved and did stuff I shouldn't do more often than not), but the best thing to do is just take care of yourself. Doc-man says don't do something, don't do it. If you don't listen and something bad happens to the baby, you know who the insensitive people will blame. They want you to do something you can't, they can suck it up and do it themselves :-)
    hspear

Answer by hspear at 8:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• my husband was very upset when i had to be on bedrest (and hospital bedrest in the end) during my first pregnancy because i had severe pre-eclampsia. my bp was over 800's and my kidneys were shutting down, and he was telling me some nonsense about how the dr. could just give me blood pressure medicine. it not only showed how ignorant he is about pre-eclampsia, but it showed how very rude and selfish he was being. he was much better with the second and third pregnancy, but i didn't have any complications and let's face it.....it's hard to get worse than that!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No one got made for any restrictions at all.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:31 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Princess you just made me remember one my husband got angry that I ended up in the ER three times for dehydration (i was drinking water but the doctors described it as the baby getting all the nutrients and my body wasn't) and he would get pissy because he had to work in the morning....his mother told him to let me drive and when the doctor heard us talking about that he looked at my husband and asked "is the extra hours of sleep really worth your wife and childs life if she were to drive and got light headed like she has been and crashed you should have fun raising your oldest daughter by yourself get over the lack of sleep there life is more important and tell you mother to grow up" i love that doctor he got my husband to open his eyes and realize it wasn't me just being whiney this was a serious case of dehydration
    krissii

Comment by krissii (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• No restrictions for me...and you can change the cat litter you just need to wear gloves and wash your hands thoroughly afterwards...same goes for digging in the garden and handling raw meat...they all could possibly contain the same bacteria...
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• yea...sadly some PPL dont have a "sympathtic" part in thier bodys. Goodluck honey member ur only preggers 9months...then everyone cools off and enjoys baby!! LEts hope!!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 10:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I never listened to the restrictions, I just did what I do normally. Including moving and traveling, never had any issues.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I had complicated pregnancies and this one is no different. None of what you said for me either plus no long standing periods, semi bedrest plus we are moving too right now lol so i was told no long distance driving alone. go figure.
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011