I need financial help!!!

Our electric is getting turned off. We havent paid it in months because we cant afford it. Our car has also bee without insurance for months. THe only reason I have internet is because I am at the library right now.
My husband was without a job for a couple months and we had to borrow from people to make ends meet and we went days without eating sometimes. Now, he has been working for 2 months, but our money is being given to the people we borrowed from.
How can we get money? We need $1000 by next week. Where can We get help? I am in tears right now. We used to have money to be able to pay our bills and a little extra. Now we are hungry and without elecricity soon.
It is winter and my baby is going to freeze!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Money & Work

• Try Salvation army or emergency aid from social services. I doubt you will get $1000 from them but they will help and can sometimes make arrangements. If you have kids and its snowy or very cold alot of states have something in place where they cannot turn off the electricity. I would ask about that. I would also suggest sending dh down to mcdonalds or burger king. You dont need exp and they are almost always hiring.
    Anonymous

• Try local churches. Good luck and may your family find the help you need. Our church paid an almost $500- electric bill for us last year. It was a blessing.
    Anonymous

• i would say try a church,..they almost always help out espeacially if u have a child..and i know what you're going thru! ivenever been that down but it is scary! im sorry to hear about it,..i would love to e able to help:( but i think i cant eiether:(i hope you'll find the help you need!
    Anonymous

• call your electric company and see if you can get a payment plan made with them, as well as those you borrowed from, tell them that you are back to work but still need a little to survive. Also try social services.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:01 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Hello, I shall pray for you an your family. I am not sure what city, State you reside in. I would suggest hat we speak with Church an ask them if they can help you and your family in this time of need. God Bless an don't cry for he shall place nothing on you that you can not handle.
    Anonymous

• You yourself need to go out and get a job, anywhere, even fast food.
    Anonymous

• wow that was rude she has a baby, maybe she has no one to watch the baby ever think of that?
    Anonymous

• Not sure what state you live in, but I know in some places they won't shut off your utilities in the winter, especially if you have kids in the home. I would call and find out about that, then see if you can get on a payment plan. If whoever you talk to says no, try talking to a supervisor, sometimes that helps. And like others said, I would try contacting churches or the Salvation Army. Some utility companies can also provide you with numbers you can call to try to get assistance. And I would try to explain to the people you're paying back what the situation is and make smaller payments to them so you have a little to survive on. They loaned you the money in the first place, so they should understand! I hope you find some help.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 3:02 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• Call the electric company and explain that you have an infant, they can't shut it off.
    kristinas8

Answer by kristinas8 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 15, 2008

• I am very sorry for you. Have you thought about a home based business? I sell Avon and love it. I take my son everywhere I need to go so that I don't have to pay for child care. Its only $10 to start and you can start making money fast. It is legit and I believe that it is a godsend to be able to do it. If you wantmore info send me a message. You are in my prayers!
    Melanie4Avon

Answer by Melanie4Avon at 4:07 PM on Dec. 15, 2008