My son is almost 11 months and is not crawling yet, is this 'normal'?

My daughter was crawling at 9 months... he's pulling himself up on furniture and toys, but only to his knees not all the way to his feet. He scooches around and once he falls over...he 'army' crawls a bit but hasnt attempted to pull his knees under and get on all 4's! i think a big part of it is his big sister. whenever he falls over she's right there to sit him back up....he's NEVER liked being on his tummy...but we have always to 'tummy time' anyways, he just lays there and pitches a fit mostely. I just wondered if there were any other mothers out there who had late crawlers or ones that just went straight to walking!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know several children that went straight to walking. He's pseudo crawling, so don't worry about it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• /some kids never get on all fours. As long as he is getting around one way or another and is progressing (getting from laying to sitting, pulling up some, standing when he hold your fingers...) then I would not worry. In fact even if her isn't I wouldn't worry *to* much. My Children did not walk until 18 months. As soon as the ped threatened physical therapy they started! Next time you see your ped I would mention your concern just so they can make note of it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• mine started crawling around that time and maybe a month later started walking. do u have wood floors? he might just start walking because it seems like he doesnt want to be down on the floor
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 8:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• If I was concerned I would talk to his doctor...every baby is different. My oldest never really crawled...he did the army crawl thing.
    sparkles1986315

Answer by sparkles1986315 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• All babies are different, and it can very well be normal. I'd talk to his doctor just to make sure there isn't a reason why he isn't crawling, but he's most likely fine. My son didn't crawl until 10 months. The first day he actually tried, he got it and was off. It was the same with walking. He didn't walk until 13 months, but once he did, he was practically running. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• my ped. said that crawling is not a milestone.....some babies do and some don't. it's nothing to worry about. my oldest never crawled. he started walking on his first birthday! he rolled around to get where he wanted to go before then lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My son never crawled. He would scoot like it sounds your son does and went straight to walking. I wouldn't worry about it.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 8:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• crawling is NOT a milestone, not all kids crawl, dont worry about it!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 8:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• wow-this sounds EXACTLY like my 11mth old daughter! she HATES being on her belly-cries and everything. she finds other ways to get around and get things. my 3yo did the army crawl til he was 13-15mths I cant remember when exactly but he didnt walk til then and crawl on all 4s after he started to walk. PS. DJSMOMMY-whats having wood floors mean? would that mean it would be harder for them to crawl? or easier?
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• My son started crawling about the middle of his 11th month. It IS normal, and it is also normal for some babies to just skip crawling all together.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2011