What was your first pregnancy like?

Was it smooth, fast,good-going, or was it awful so painful, cant take it??

Luvmykiddies123

Asked by Luvmykiddies123 at 8:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it was awful....i almost died!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My first was Great Went fast & loved every minute of it Had No issues Until later On in pregnancy when i found out she was breech & Had to Have A c section..
    Nicole_Anne

Answer by Nicole_Anne at 8:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Broke out in rash in the first trimester and had to take steroids. My placenta was lying low(but it correct itself). went into preterm labor at 30wks and had to take medication every 6hrs to stop contractions. People who worked in the ER knew by name lol. It took over 24hrs to deliver and I had 3rd degree tears(took 3 months to heal properly). Oh yeah I kept busting my stitches. But if I had to I would do it again.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It was pure hell. I was on complete bedrest the ENTIRE nine months after having a miscarriage in my 13th month and another in my 14th week. I had bleeding throughout the whole pregnancy with my son. That is why I was on bedrest...talk about eternity. It felt more like 9 years instead of 9 months. I was also very sick, swollen feet, high blood pressure...Like I said, it was hell. Crazy but I did go on to have 2 more babies though. LOL.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 8:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I've only had one baby, but my pregnancy was pretty good, I guess. The first trimester I had no morning sickness or anything...I was just REALLY tired. The second trimester was great. I felt amazing. The third trimester was awful, lol. My son was transverse (sideways) the entire trimester, and he sat REALLY high, pushing into my ribcage. He was 8 lbs, 9 oz, and never dropped. I have a fairly small frame, but my belly was HUGE. I was at 50 cm at 37 weeks. I also gained 50 lbs (but lost 37 of it within two weeks of having him), and was retaining so much water. My feet were so swollen that it was hilarious! I had straight cankles, lol. I had a c-section at 38 1/2 weeks, which went amazing. I healed quickly with no problems and my son was healthy. Overall, I'd still say it was pretty good. Because even though I was seriously uncomfortable for few months, I also felt beautiful and had a lot of fun. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I was 15 at conception, 16 a month later. Listening to the dumb ass dad I convinced myself I wasn't really pregnant. So I ignored all the symptoms and nuances (including movement--I said it was gas) until I was 6 months and could no longer. After telling my mom and finally going to the doctor, I found myself enjoying every minute. I just was an emotional wreck because the dad had left and I knew I was disappointing my family. I wasn't in too much pain, even at the end because my last trimester was during the summer and I had already quit work so I sat around the house all day. I just remember how bored I was because it was too hot to go out during the day. Oh, and I only had 1 maternity shirt that I wore to the doctor for every visit so that sucked.
    Anonymous

• i was highly depressed with my first, but my daughter and i are so close now{shes two} and now with my second one i feel completly different and enjoying being preggers now :)
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 9:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Horrible nausea....I was sick day and night for the first 15 weeks, then it went to horrible heart burn, and horrible back pain. Then cracked ribs bc she got her foot stuck, then nausea again at the end. After 16 hours of labor she I had to have a c section, she had turned face up while I was pushing and her head was too big to come out like that.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 9:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Painful edema at 5 mos, 2 episodes of bleeding, vision change, and having my daughter at 33 weeks due to severe preeclampsia.

It was horrible.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Mine was HOOORRRIBBLLEEEE but i got a wonderful baby boy out of it!! LOL.....but. I found out at 5weeks and started PUKING HORIBBLY at 6weeks 4days......and it never ended lol..meaning I even puked after I had my csection. lol.....I was put on Bedrest at 15weeks because of my bloodpressure.....was giving meds. At 24weeks was put in the hosp for BP......went home felt horrible found out i had galstones....Went into labor at 34weeks was stopped.....with meds. Then at 37weeks they decided to induce me because of no other than Bloodpressure lol.....So......I had my son via csection cause of my 8 1/2 hour potocin induced NON PROGRESSIVE labor lol. But I would do it again to have my son. Now i am preggers with my daughter and this time I have been on BP meds since 16weeks. No bed rest..and IM at 30weeks!! Am going to try a vbac this time!
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 10:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011