How will this go over, you think?

My son is starting Kindergarten in the fall. It will be at the local public school. Therefore there is no required uniforms. But I've decided I wanted to dress him only in solid colored polo shirts and khaki pants or shorts for the entire school year. He wore that attire in pre-k 2-3 times a week (again my choice) and he didn't mind either way. What do you think about this?

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 8:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• if he doesnt care, then do what you want. But he might start caring once he is in kindergarden. That is when my kids started caring about clothes.I would go a month or two and then see how he feels.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 9:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i guess if he doesn't mind then it will be ok. my son likes to pick out his own clothes and likes t-shirts with 'cool' stuff on them, but everyone is different. if he's good with it then it will work.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My son would not stand for it - not even a second. But your child may obviously have a different personality. My preschool kid loves different clothes, shoes, and hair styles. It would kill his spirit each morning to have to wear what I picked out vs. what he would prefer.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 3:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Start out the year with it and see how it goes. If he starts to fight with you about it or won't wear it then I guess its up to you if you want to fight him on it. Personally I pick my battles and I don't think clothes for school is one of them. He is always clean and if he doesn't match then oh well.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 10:10 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• If that's what you want and he doesn't mind, go for it.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• great
    Suzy_Sunshine

Answer by Suzy_Sunshine at 11:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think it's a great idea to help him sort his "school clothes" from his "play clothes"
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 4:39 PM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I think it's a good way to start, but keep in mind he will start to become an individual and possibly want something different, especially as he notices other kids wearing different things.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 8:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2011

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it, but as he notices other kids wearing things they want, he may likely want to as well.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 12:58 PM on Jun. 29, 2011

• Why? Why would you intentionally do that to your child?
    MamaMia9999

Answer by MamaMia9999 at 12:03 AM on Jul. 2, 2011