What would look for in a house cleaner?

I have been sick a lot lately. They still don't know what is wrong with me. My dh is in the Army and works crazy hours. I will be having a knee surgery soon and I have finally admitted to him and myself that I can't do it anymore, I need help. So, today I interviewed my first person to come into my house and clean, organize and cook once in awhile. To take me to Dr Appts. or the grocery store. I am going through a company called sittercity.com They have done back ground checks and I have references. This is NOT easy for me. So, what would you look for in someone who would come into your home?

SweetPea726

Asked by SweetPea726 at 9:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Health

• excellent references and a compatable personality. i would hire on a trial and see how it goes.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• lol, before I read the description I was going to say something effective, safe around the kids, somewhat environmentally safe.. lol. (thinking about the actual cleaners used, lol, not the people that clean your house).

um, but yeah, excellent references, and someone who you are comfortable with.. do interviews basically and see who you sort of hit it off with.. explain (EXACTLY) what you want done... be as specific as you can about how you want certain things done..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• lol, I guess I should have read it a little more closer. The title doesn't make any sense, lol I did an interview today. I have another one tomorrow. I am calling references tomorrow. The girl I spoke with today we hit it off pretty good. I explained what I was needing and what to expect. She seemed up for my challenge. I just don't want to pick the first one and make a mistake. I am very picky about my stuff and my son. I just feel like I am letting my family down.
    SweetPea726

Comment by SweetPea726 (original poster) at 10:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2011