What is the best/fastest cure for a yeast infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:19 PM on Jul. 12, 2008 in Health

• going to the doctor bc self medicating can make it worse. and eat yogurt. alot of it. not just when you have it, but in general
    mrsjcf

Answer by mrsjcf at 7:21 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• If you are 100% sure that it's a yeast infection then I have a home remedy that has never failed me or anyone I've suggested it to that has tried it. It's kind of off the wall, but I promise that it works and works quickly. First, everyday when you wake up swallow a whole clove of garlic. If you don't want to deal with the after taste then drink it with orange juice and you'll barely notice the taste. Next, insert one...you know where. If you think you may have a problem removing it then you can just double up on the oral garlic and swallow two cloves over the course of the day. However, it's not as effective (in my experience) as putting it "in there". I was told this by a friend who is from Brazil and swears by garlic's antibacterial properties, because of this I also swallow a clove of garlic each day when I'm sick and I tend to only have the sniffles for one day, two at the most.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• PS - This remedy is also one that isn't going to harm you if you do it and what you have isn't a yeast infection. So no harm in self medicating with this one lol
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• I know of an excellent douche with tea tree oil in it that will take care of yeast infections. Send me a message if you want to know how to get it--not available in the stores.
    MentorByDesign

Answer by MentorByDesign at 9:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2008

• You could put unflavored yogurt inside your vagina. Also, try the garlic remedy placed on here by MamaPyratekk. Garlic can restore the bodys natural pH. You can also take a douche and put water inside it and crushed garlic and let it sit in the sun all afternoon and then douche with it. I hope something works. Yeast infections are terrible.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:50 PM on Jul. 15, 2008