Tell Me

What did you want God to do for you, that he didn't do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I've asked to be healed of Fibromyalgia and to be able to move back to Tn. I also know that God's timeing is perfect. Sometimes the end result isn't the miracle, but the journey TO the end result.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I never asked him for anything because I never believed he existed in the first place, the idea of a god or higher power that created/watches over the entire world and universe is simply illogical.

Tell me, why do you assume that if someone does not believe in your God it is because they asked for something and did not get it? What did YOU want god to do for you that he didn't do?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I wanted my Meniere's disease to be cured. I wanted my grandsons to not be autistic. I wanted my daughter to not have epilepsy. I wanted my chronic arthritis pain to be healed. I wanted to know that I really had someone in heaven to look out for me and protect me. I had to find the treatment for Meniere's on my own. My grandsons are functioning after 10 years of dedication, medication and therapy, but they are still autistic. My daughter outgrew her epilepsy but may be cursed with Meniere's as well. My arthritis still stops my life on occasion. And the heavens are empty. And that's just the beginning. Time to move on. Time to face reality.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 9:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• To tell his followers to sit down and shut the hell up?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well that would be between God and I.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Nothing. I have never wanted God (whom I don't believe in) to do anything for me, rather, I would expect that an omnicient, omnipotent, omnipresent beign (did it exist) would do more for his creation.  As such, I can only deduct that either God is none of those things, or God is all of those things and chooses to do nothing, or that such a God does not exist...in which case, whats the point?

thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 10:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• the only thing ive prayed to God about that was a request (and not just for peace & understanding) was for a friend of mine not to die from a brain tumor. this guy was the greatest guy anyone who knew him had ever met. he died 2 years ago this August. when he died it kinda sealed my belief that prayer is for our own souls, not for requests. but it didnt make me lose my faith in the Divine.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Who said I was a Christian?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'm not normally critical or mean, but where some people put far too much information into their "title", yours have far too little. Please include a clue in your title, so we have some idea if it's a moronic question or something worth thinking about.
    judimary

Answer by judimary at 10:37 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I've never wanted the Gods to do anything for me. I do for myself!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:12 AM on Jun. 28, 2011