Moms who dont vaccinate i have a question for you (im not trying to start arguments)

how do you enroll your kids in school if their not vaccinated? i guess im asking because the schools around my house are not enrolling kids that dont have their vaccinations....the junior high isnt enrolling kids who dont have the TDAP vaccine either other then that the high school is fine

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• there are exemptions you can fill out so they kids can attend school
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Usually there is a religious waiver form that you can sign, saying it is against what you believe and that is fine. They can't make someone vaccinate their child. They probably just don't advertise that there is way around it.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 9:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I do think that the tetanus vaccine is truly necessary.
    Anyhow you can download the form from the government website. You don't have to explain but you have to mark one of the options and sign the document. Keep in mind that in some states immunization is "mandatory" unless you have a MEDICAL exemption. Children with certain allergies, certain immune diseases, or history of hydrocephaly, are exempted. Depending on the medical condition.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I forgot to mention that the form has to be notarized too. Philosophical exemption might not work. It is better to opt for the religious exemption.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 10:21 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• There are waivers. My sons school said he had to be vaccinated but I showed them the law and they didn't even ask for a waiver at that point. The District tries to intimidate and make parents think vaccinations are mandatory but they are not.

Anonymous

• Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Above it is just an example of how the form might look like. Every State has its own form.
    Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Cafemomoftwo217

Answer by Cafemomoftwo217 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It depends on the state, but there are waivers.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think most states have exemptions, I know Texas does.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2011