Three beers over the course of three hours and breastfeeding?

Ok....so I had three coors lights tonight I started at 5:00 and finished at 8:00, I feel perfectly fine. My daughter should be ready for a feed around 10:00 or 10:30, is it safe for me to breastfeed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• I personally wouldn't do it. Remember, everything you take in, she takes in.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 9:39 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My lac consultant told me that if I don't feel the effects of the alcohol, then it's safe to nurse. Just don't make a habit of it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• there are test strips you can buy to test your milk. I have seen them at Walgreens.  Here is a link w/ guidelines http://kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/alcohol.html  The link also takes into consideration child's age

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 9:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• You are fine. Nurse as usual.
    Sober to drive, sober to nurse.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 10:29 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• If you feel ok, sure. I just tried to always space my beers out.
    Laura B.

Answer by Laura B. at 10:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• i would say u are fine, my lac consultant told me the same as people above said, but if u are worried, pump now and dispose of the milk, then nurse her when she is ready
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 11:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• If you're good to drive, you're good to nurse. With that said, some people think they can drive and can't. If you are not underweight for your height, then one drink per hour is okay for women. By the time 10:00 rolls around it'll be even more processed, so don't worry about it.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes. That's a reasonable period, and if you're feeling sober, it's fine. Typically I say 1-2 drinks, safe to nurse and any more then that wait 2-3 hrs per drink, but it also depends on how you feel. If you had one drink and were feeling drunk, I'd say wait. Drinking isn't as big a deal as many think it is while nursing. As long as you're not sloshed, it's fine.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2011