Do you work because you want to..or because you have to??

If you work do you work because financially you have to.. or do you do it because you want to??

I work solely for financial reasons.. to be able to afford the lifestyle I like to have :)

Emmajosmommy

Asked by Emmajosmommy at 9:44 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Money & Work

• Because I want to. It keeps us financially secure, I'm not dependent on another's income, and I'm not domestic at all. It works well for my family.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 9:47 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Both. I have to in order to keep a roof over our head, clothes on our backs and food on the table. I want to because if I didn't I would go out of my mind with boredom. I need adult interaction. I need time away from my child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I have to work, I'm a single mom. But, I love my job and want to do it. So, both I guess.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• When I was a contractor, it was because I wanted to. After daycare and gas, I was only bringing home around $300 a payday. Now I can't wait to get back to work but we are moving in August so I did not renew my contract. All of my kids will be in school/preschool.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:50 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Same as you...we like to take ourselves and the kids on nice vacations and get them things that we couldnt' if I didn't work.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I do it because I want to. Financially we don't need it now but later my husband wants to go to school full time. But I work from home
    ZanderandBella

Answer by ZanderandBella at 10:00 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Both
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 10:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Kind of half. I am on my maternity leave and wont be going back to work afterward, but I am a teacher and we didn't *need* my income to survive and pay the bills comfortably, but it was necessary to be able to save the way we like to. There is some give and take to the benefits of 2 income families.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well I guess both I mean who can't use more money,but I work cause I want to, I love retail and I just feel at home . plus love helping people and meeting new faces, so it is a great job for me..
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Because I want to. I love what I do. The extra money is nice, though.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2011