Which car lasts longer?

I'm looking at getting either a Saturn Ion or a Ford Focus. I'm under the influence that the Saturn would last longer (millage wise, I know of many that go past 200xxx-250xxx miles, but my husband is a die hard Ford fan. What do you guys think? What are your experiences with these cars? Thanks!

toriandgrace

Asked by toriandgrace at 5:06 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I loved my Saturn. It treated me well until I crashed it. The good news is that I walked away with no injuries. Now, I have a Ford and I love it, too. I had fewer problems with my Saturn though, and when the sad day comes to replace my Ford, I will very likely get a Saturn again.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:10 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Ummm we're die hard Ford fans too!! XD IMO I think Fords last longer and are better quality than anything I've ever owned, BUT i've never had a Saturn either.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:08 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• SATURN, Nissan are good to.

Answer by louise2 at 5:09 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• NO SATURN!!

SERIOUSLY every SINGLE person i have known that owned a saturn has a horrible experience with them.

me and my bf had one and the transmission gets messed up fast even if we fix it all the way, the shifting gets jacked up, the AC goes out easily, and every person i have known that has had a saturn, has the same problems, even newer ones.

i would go with a Ford.

i will ALWAYS tell someone NOT to pick a Saturn if they are thinking about getting one.
    we put more work into our saturn than it cost us. and it definitely was not that old.. it was about 4 years old i think and had about 30,000 miles on it only!
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 5:12 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I would never buy a FORD again! That piece of crap was in the shop more than out (and it was new). I have never known anyone who complained about their Saturn...but me I'm partial to Jeep (Wrangler).
    indigostone

Answer by indigostone at 5:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• something you should know about ford focus. about 30 were given to a driver training school local to my home. they were supposed to be the 'it' car for young drivers. within 2 years the company got rid of them, cause they broke down so much, and the blind spots were just horrible. i am ok with most fords, but i really dont think the focus is a good pick.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 5:22 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• it depends on the year the focus was made. I am a ford lover as well... but the 00' -02" focus are not very good cars, they were a new model then and still had a lot of bugs to work out. I LOVED my escort (which was a 98' ford). I never drove a saturn so I can't helpyou out there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:03 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• I wouldn't get either!! I am a toyota fan 100%!! They will out live either of the models.. Just my opinion though! :)
    Anonymous

• Ok my SO is a mechanic and I asked he. He said the Focus because the new Ion has a lot of electrical and tranny issues. The Focus he said hs a better safety rating and has more room. He worked on the new Ions and said he has rarely seen a Focus have issues. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• I think both suck. Honda is the way to go!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2008