I didn't know I was pregnant?!

What are your thoughts on this whole concept...? I watched the show awhile ago, I'm starting to wonder about myself .. But anyways, I don't understand how this could happen.. I know they say the stories are true, but are they? I just don't get how you don't kow?? So what's your thoughts...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I don't get it. I understand the occasional sickness or extreme obesity causes periods to be erradic, but I cannot understand how women would have no idea at all. and I really don't understand how they don't ever look pregnant. The girls I work with don't have kids and they are always talking about how they are afraid that they will get pregnant and not know. I just roll my eyes and tell them not to worry about it.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My child I lost i didnt know till 8 weeks, and some women dont have any symptoms of pregnancy and about 2% of pregnant women have vaginal bleeding throughout ppregnancy and they think its a period so yes they are true and i dont get it either....
    paige2323

Answer by paige2323 at 9:52 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I believe some of their stories and than some of them I am like are you serious.
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 9:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I can kind of understand up to maybe... MAYBE 5 or 6 months, but after that, I think you just have to be completely out of tune with your body.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:55 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well I understand like not showing, because when I was nine months pregnant you couldn't even tell I was pregnant... I just don't get how you don't know you are pregnant...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:57 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I had a friend who SWORE up and down she had this....it turned out she wasnt pregnant. No surprise. She just made herself believe she was even though she showed no symptoms. But about the show, I have no idea if they are real or not, my husband told me about that happening to his ex gf, but...I saw a picture of her when she was pregnant and told him exaactly how far along she was, which turned out to be right on the money. So. I dont really know if any of those things are real, I mean. HCG is HCG, how could it NOT show up on a pregnancy test? Those things are designed to detect it.
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 10:01 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I didn't know I was pregnant with my first child till I was over 4 months along. I had no symptoms and was actually losing weight. In the end it was only because he was sitting on a nerve that I even discovered I was about to have him. I had thought I had pulled a muscle because I working in the shipping industry and moved packages all day but a friend of mine kept saying that her son had made the same "pulled muscle" I was feeling hurt. So on one of those "I will show" you moments I picked up a test on a whim and yuppers I was pregnant. Talk about a surprise. By the time he was born I did not get back to my original weight and I had to wear maternity tops just so people would believe I was pregnant. And for anyone thinking he was a small little thing he was 24 inches and 7lb 8oz. I went from a size 14 to a size 10 and then only ended at a size 12.
    EmpressJoyous

Answer by EmpressJoyous at 10:03 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Well..i know that a bicornuate uterus....can cause U NOT TO FEEL BABY.......or when ur placentaa is in front of ur uterus cushining the kicks!! But other than that...not sure...i am 29weeks pregnant and have only gained 3lbs....but have gained quite a belly.....so not sure.
    msmamakatie

Answer by msmamakatie at 10:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I still don't understand.. I know my friend didn't have HCG show up in her system until she was like 6 months!! I told her she was nuts, but I went to doctor with her and saw it with my own eyes!! I was amazed..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My cousin didn't know she was pregnant for most of her first pregnancy. She kept bleeding regularly and thought she was having periods. I think she was about 5 months when her baby started moving and she found out. She ended up delivering at 7.5 months, so she only got to experience pregnancy for 2.5 months! Hardly any time to prepare, really.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:24 PM on Jun. 27, 2011