Are you the one in charge of your household?

rinamomof2

Asked by rinamomof2 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in General Parenting

• It depends on what the "of" is that we're discussing. My DH brings home the money. I spend it. I don't get to spend it on fun stuff, I'm just the one who pays the bills, makes the budget, tries to stick to it, etc. My DH makes his own plans about what he wants to do and when, but I was in charge of planning family activities. He is in charge of the garage, the yard, the driveway. I'm in charge of the garden, when we lived out in the country (In an apartment for now). He is in charge of remembering that the cars need things like oil changes or new tires. But then he tells me to take care of it. When we clean house, I do everything except he will clean the cob webs and change light bulbs, and anything that requires a power tool. So, while my DH is the head of the household, I'm the heart of the home.
    LoreleiSieja

Answer by LoreleiSieja at 10:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Thankfully after 16 years, I can finally pass some of that torch to a very responsible man.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:54 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Yes, mostly. Dh is good about helping when he is home though
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 10:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• yep caus my husband always deploys.
    momof5kiki

Answer by momof5kiki at 7:36 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• i am
    taratennant60

Answer by taratennant60 at 7:38 AM on Jun. 28, 2011