How do you poach a pair?

I should know this, but I've never done it. Let me know what to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Food & Drink

• a pair???? whats a pair?
    Anonymous

• Um...I'm confused...a pair of what?
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 5:17 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• She probably means a pear.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:18 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Here's an eHow article about maknig poached pears. There's other stuff in the recipe, but I'm guessing you can add or take away depending on what you're making =]

http://www.ehow.com/how_18250_make-poached-pears.html
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• It's super easy, and tasty. First decide on a poaching liquid...usually a simple syrup made with juice or wine. You can add other flavoring agents: a couple cinnamon sticks, a split vanilla bean. Then peel the pear, leaving the stem intact to make moving it into the liquid easy, and use a melon baller to core it from the bottom. Bring the liquid to a boil, reduce heat to med low, then carefully put the pears in. Cover and simmer for about 20-30 min. You want it tender, but not mushy. Carefully remove to a plate and refrigerate. Continue to simmer the liquid until reduced and slightly thickened, then chill to spoon over the pears later.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:54 AM on Dec. 15, 2008