how would you describe how your braxton hicks felt and your experience with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Dec. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd say they feel like period cramps. Not painful, just...annoying.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:20 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• i dont know about the not painful part, mine are pretty bad. mine feel like a cramp times 10! i get a rush of pressure down my legs, and sometimes a little bit of back pain. im lucky though it only last at most 20 seconds, it still feels like forever though! if you have more than 5 an hour though you need to go the ER, at least thats what my doc told me.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 5:23 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• My Braxton-Hicks contractions didn't hurt at all. It was a slight tightening of my uterus, which was more noticeable the bigger by belly got. I have heard that they can be painful, but mine never were.
    amp83

Answer by amp83 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• mine hurt sometimes and sometimes they are just uncomfortable they feel like my uterus is sqeezing in etxra tight and sometimes i feel in my lower bak
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• every time i got my braxton hicks they hurt so bad that i would have to lay on the floor on my side because they were so strong and there was a time when i thought i was having braxton hicks when i was 32 weeks and i went to the hospital and i was having contractions 3 mins apart and had to get a shot of tributline. I never notice a difference between real contractions and braxton hicks
    iluvmylilman601

Answer by iluvmylilman601 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• feels like a belt is tightening on my uterus. I dont find them painful, just different.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 5:46 PM on Dec. 14, 2008

• Mine never hurt. It just felt like the muscles were tightening (which is what it is, I know, but I don't know of any other way to describe it). It was like if you've ever had a leg cramp and felt it, how it's all hard and tight and knotted...that's how my stomach felt, but without the pain.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 6:05 PM on Dec. 14, 2008