My friend called CPS on my neighbor..

my neighbors children a re dirty ( there clothes, they never bathe, ETC" she was concerned cause she seen her youngest children run across the road and the mom sat on the curb and smoked her cig. while her child almost got hit by a car. Her children miss school to play and it is so sad... I have told the mom to give the kids a bath cause they smell and there is dirt on there face.. They look like homeless kids while the mom dresses nice.. SHould I give my neighbor a heads up or just let it go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Sounds like CPS NEEDS to step in . No warning for her!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Let it go.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• just let it go. It sounds like the family should be investigated and they should be seen in their typical environment and living situation. Hope they kids get what they deserve and end up in a cleaner and healthier living situation. Maybe the mom just needs a wake up call (one she will hopefully get when CPS knocks on her door).
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 10:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• You did what you thought was right then by trying to help the mother with some advice,
    Now she may need a wake up call with the CPS call, I don't think they will take the children
    unless the house is bad and there is no food, but ea dept is different as to how they handle issues...
    also missing school is a big no no in most areas.. so she could be in some trouble for that...
    As for you letting her know, I wouldn't... let it be that wake up call she may need...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:11 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I wouldn't give a warning. It would be for show, not for change. The kids need change.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Let it go!! Why would you warn her? She probably wouldn't care anyway. If she cared, she wouldn't need a warning to take care of her kids. They would be clean, fed, have clean clothes and be supervised.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I would call cps. Hell I called them on my sister!! If I feel a child is in danger I will call. They investigate first and if they too deem that the child is danger THEN the child is removed. My sister used to scream and yell and sometimes spank my 18mth old niece. I couldn't take the horror stories of children being killed because the parent was upset and went overboard so I placed an anonymous call. She was scared, upset and remorseful. The worker came around daily for about 2 mths and then closed the case. My sister has not laid a hand on my niece since and now rarely screams at her. Some people need to be scared straight and your neighbor might need it.
    spidermansmom

Answer by spidermansmom at 11:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Let it go
    1sexymother

Answer by 1sexymother at 11:46 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• spidermansmom...You couldn't talk to your sister before taking such a drastic step? Some parents spank their kids as a form of discipline. (Personally, I would not hit or scream at my child.) I don't know the extent of the situation. But..damn...There wasn't a better way to go about it...You are her sister...
    kazmia

Answer by kazmia at 1:28 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• As a good person I woud tell her and give her a chance to make things right. I dont believe in CPS when a neighbor/family can step in and help.. JMO
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 28, 2011