Are you supposed to throw your own baby shower or is someone else supposed to throw one for you?

A friend threw a shower for my first baby over 8 years ago. There wasn't a shower for my 2nd baby. I'm having my 3rd baby and I kind of want a shower since I have gotten rid of most of the baby things we had. But I feel like I'm being greedy by throwing my own baby shower for myself or asking a friend to do it. What do you think, is it tacky and greedy to throw my own shower?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Friends or family usually throw them.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 10:08 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Nope not tacky. A shower is a celebration fo rthe baby NOT the mother. Ask away!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'm sure there are some who will disagree with me, but, it is very tacky & an etiquette no-no to throw your own baby shower. A baby shower is given mainly as a way to provide new parents with gifts for their baby, so to have a shower for yourself is in essence, asking for gifts for yourself. I personally don't have a problem with having a shower for each baby, as long as it's given for you by a friend & not for yourself.
    ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 10:13 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• throw your own its 2011 not 1960 go for it !
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:19 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• Friends or family should throw a shower. I wouldn't throw one for myself. That's just rude to me.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• It is tacky to throw your own. but you can ask a friend or family member to do so FOR you!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:20 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I think it's rude to throw your own. Like the others said - it's basically asking for gifts. However, people will want to buy you baby gifts even if you don't have a shower. You could still create a registry if there are things that you will need.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:36 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• DEFINATELY SOMEONE ELSE SHOULD THROW IT!!!

VERY VERY VERY tacky, rude and a HUGE etiquette NO NO! My guests would be horrified and my family would be mortified if I threw mine own.

i do not care if it is 2057....begging for gifts is RUDE!

I am only 22 and I would NEVER!
    Anonymous