Castor Oil Recipe

For starters, everyone who is going to judge me and complain and yell at me for using castor oil can keep their mouth shut and not waste their time because Ive heard enough of it and its not your problem or business.

ANYWAYS.
I was wondering for all of you who HAVE used Castor oil to induce labor and it worked, what the least unappealing recipe was. I took it once already, and the recipe was 2oz orange juiice, 2oz castor oil, and 1 scoop of vanilla icecream. The oil worked and within hours I was having horrible contractions in my back and stomach. However, I had the bright idea to take a warm bath which calmed the contractions before they put me into full labor. I am taking the drink again tonight, but that recipe didnt taste all that great and I was wondering what anyone else used for a recipe with it.
I am 40+ weeks, between 2 and 3cm dilated, 80+% efaced, and in labor, it just isnt moving quick enough for them to keep me in the hospital so my midwife suggested the drink again.
She stripped my membranes before I did the drink last time, and she stripped them again today, so I am hoping if I avoid the bath this time that I will get to see my baby boy soon :]
So any successful stories of castor oil or and decent recipes are very much appreciated and welcomed :]
Any annoying, know it all, critcizing, judging, comments, will be ignored and are not needed.

lizjones

Asked by lizjones at 10:09 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would add an emission of baby batter to your cervix to help along labor
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• What?
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 10:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I just quickly swallowed a bit of castor oil mixed with oj. It was so little (probably 2oz of each) that I barely tasted it. I never heard to add ice cream and in doing so it would force you to take your time with it. Maybe try the 4oz mixture. Take it like a shot, one quick motion, then it's done! GL hope you and your baby are happy and healthy!
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 10:27 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• 2oz is sooo not a little amount lol. You probably had tbs or ts of it. But my midwife said that in order for it to work, you have to have at least 2oz. So if it worked for you maybe you did have 2oz and I just have a little mouth lol because it seems like a lot. The icecream hides the texture of the oil because it is thicker, it makes it easier to chug, kind of like a shake.
    lizjones

Comment by lizjones (original poster) at 10:33 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I just did the oj and oil, I would say it rated good. I just drank it down as quickly as possible.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:40 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• eye rollingLovely....."Please shut up about me putting myself and my baby at risk because I do not care about the horrible side affects and possible dangers to my baby"

WOW!!

Anonymous

• i heard castor oil will do either put u in labor or give u a nice stay in the bathroom..i nver used it bc i was enduced at 38weeks..my friends sil did it with her 2kids sry dont know the recipie....anonymous her midwife gave her a safe recipie no midwife i know would tell someone to do this if it was going to harm the baby??!?!!! and she jst dosent want any neg comments about it, shes far enough along it wont cause complications and shes just trying to progress labor not like she isnt in labor and is trying to enduce labor herself....good luck mamma
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• I'm not sure about the whole recipe or castor oil thing. I have heard that it doesnt work unless your body is fully ready for labor. But seeing as you are in labor and just want to progress it, i wanted to say good luck and I hope you see baby soon. I know how it is to be over 40 weeks. Also like suggested above try skipping the ice cream so you can just swallow it as fast as possible or maybe try a different flavor of ice cream, like strawberry. That might mesh well with the oj and taste better :)
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:21 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• No, you know your baby & body aren't ready for birth yet, that is already been brought up...
    Why not just ask your midwife for more suggestions-recipes or Google them rather than coming here-- if you don't like hearing about the side-effects & risks?
    If you're trying to force labor then does it *really* have to "taste good"? Why not just hold your nose and do the same again?

I can not tell you my "successful" recipe without also telling you I am LUCKY to be here today, with the serious complications it caused. That would be unethical.
    :-(
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:53 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• I did this and my 2nd daughter and I almost died. I was put to sleep and had an emergency c section. It also was the worst labor pains ever! If that sounds cool to you, then go for it....
    soldierluvr0407

Answer by soldierluvr0407 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 28, 2011