Water break before labor

My water broke naturally at 8:30am on a Tues, but I didn't go into labor naturally until 1am Tues night (finally gave birth at 2pm Wed).

Did you go into labor before or after your water broke?

LadybugTash

Asked by LadybugTash at 10:12 PM on Jun. 27, 2011 in Pregnancy

• my second baby my water broke on thursday night and I didn't start labor untill Sunday morning. the frirst baby they had to break my water when I was in labor.
    dianetheangel

Answer by dianetheangel at 10:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• with ds, went into labor but got sent home due to not dialating. was in labor all night (refused to go back to be sent home lol yea just stubborn was in pain all night!) and at 730 am, my water broke when i was climbing in the bed, and i mean that whole, gushing everywhere broke too...got to the hospital and was only 4 but they had to keep me lol and he was 2 days late, gave birth at 4:52 pm that day

with dd, i was induced 4 days early and they broke my water when i was a 7 at noon and she was born at 3:37pm that day

Concidering I've had both happen, I prefer the hospital scenerio lol...the other felt so nasty and it gushed for like 30 min and then went to a drizzle afte that! Hoping this one is broke at the hospital! LOL
    sissy4444

Answer by sissy4444 at 10:16 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• my water broke @ home @ 530 am thurs i didnt have my daughter til 310 am fri.. they had to induce me and wait ..wait ..wait.. ,my water broke @ 37 wks
    Emmajosmommy

Answer by Emmajosmommy at 10:17 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• After. My water broke at 11pm. I got to the hospital around midnight, and they gave me pitocin right away to speed things along, instead of letting happen naturally. Anyway I had DS at 3pm the next day
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 10:18 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• During labor with two of mine and before labor for the third. Now I am just waiting to find out with the fourth.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:38 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• With all except my first, my water broke as I was pushing. With my first, the dr. broke it but I imagine if he had left it, it would have been the same as the others.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 10:42 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My second child my water broke at 1pm on a monday. I went in and they started me on pitocin at 3pm. I didn't have my son until the next day at 8pm.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 10:45 PM on Jun. 27, 2011

• My water broke at like 11:30 pm Wednesday June 6th 2007. I started getting contractions bout an hour after that but I wasnt progressing so they gave me pitocin about 7 am on Thursday morning and at 4:14 pm Thursday afternoon my daughter was born. I'm hoping this time is similar and I dont have to wait a few days lol or maybe I'll get contractions before my water breaks this time. Who knows :) Guess we'll see, I only have 3 weeks left til my due date.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Yes, it was over a week before I labored.
    This is normal, called PROM, and happens to 1 in 10 pregnancies.
    Not a problem, just a variation of normal!

:-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:45 AM on Jun. 28, 2011

• Oh and my next labor, baby was birthing in the caul (intact sac), but unfortunately it broke during crowning!
    ;- /
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:46 AM on Jun. 28, 2011